Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Turns out Willie Nelson had a damn good reason for selling out...


A couple of years ago, Willie Nelson started showing up on really dumb commericals. Needless to say, this concerned me. At first I thought, "Willie, you fucking sell out". Admittedly, it took awhile to get past what I now feel was pure astonishment and confusion, but I eventually found myself thinking "I'm sure there's a logical explanation for this."

I mean, what would make a pot-smoking, bio-diesel-making, Dennis Kucinich-supporting dude sell out to mass corporations??? He campaigns for the fair treatment of horses, for god's sake!

Then I realized I was eighteen years behind on my celebrity gossip, and everyone in the Western hemisphere probably knows that in 1990, Willie got a $16.7 million dollar bill from the IRS. Mystery solved.

How come I always get the celebrity news late???

Love,

Debbie

No comments: