Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-changes...

Dear Kristin,

Today is hot. And tomorrow will also be hot. And the next day too. Ah, Tucson, how I missed you. I went to put up the greenhouse with Adam and CJ on Tuesday and almost died from dehydration. In the two short weeks that I was back in Cincinnati, I forgot how a desert dweller (especially one working out-of-doors) must constantly be remembering to hydrate.

But enough about the weather!

More importantly, you're knitting in Guatemala! I'm so proud! Please take and post pictures of all of your projects. That also includes any puzzles you get around to doing. [Note to loyal readers: Kristin is stellar at the lost art of puzzle-doing. She prefers landscapes.]

Anyways, my dear Kristin, after Uppie and I dropped you off at the airport, I suffered a momentary bout of depression. All of a sudden, we were like mother ducks sending our little duckling off into the big world. I don't know-- chalk it up to my two-ness. I was, in fact, so sad that I immediately drove to the store and purchased two gallons of secondhand light-colored latex paint. Goodbye dark red and horrible turquoise! Goodbye forever!

So now I have a gray living room (not as ugly as it sounds. Actually quite chic and Martha Stewart. I left the one red accent wall as we discussed), and a light blue-ish bathroom with a yellow floor (not the color I had anticipated. Going to try and re-sell the paint on Craigslist, unless any of our loyal readers want it for $15). Here's hoping that my new light colored rooms will also lighten my heavy Kristin-less heart.

con mucho amor de Tucson, and send pictures!!!

love,
Debbie

P.S. Definitely go with the slightly bigger needles.
P.P.S. What are you knitting???!
P.P.P.S. My mom's knitting savvy friend suggested we take a look at The Yarn Harlot. I read a few chapters from her book and it was quite hilarious. My mom's friend tell me that her book is classified as "knitting humor". Who knew?! Anyways, when you're bored in a Guatemalan internet cafe, check out her blog.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

yay! more blogging! (i guess i should take my own advice....)