Sunday, September 21, 2008

blow up your tv...

Dear Kristin,

Here in Tucson, the early mornings and late nights are beginning to feel like fall. Soon it will be layering season--boots and sweater weather--my favorite. Life is funny, how things settle and change. I talked to Becca today, and she said it was chilly fall in North Carolina. She was wandering around an antique store in long sleeves and a sweater. Sometimes I miss how cozy Fall and Winter are. I get the urge to hunker down, build a fire, and read books and books and books all winter long.

But here I am in Arizona. It's beautiful here. Uppie, Dave, Pam, Emily, and I went to Romero Pools the other day. It was gorgeous and green from the end of monsoon season. There was a ton of water in the pools and we swam all day. The temps are still 90 degrees everyday, and I've been sweating bullets on the farm. Adam and CJ are making progress on the microgreens. Here they are, looking lovely. These are specifically arugula microgreens. We ate them on crackers along with my most recent batch of goat cheese (green onion and garlic flavored), and they were delicious!



Here are pictures of Adam and I from a recent sunset at Gate's Pass. There some more neat ones from that day (there was a whole car-load of us that went up there), but they're on CJ's computer.





In other news, I'm doing some temporary work at the Native Seeds farm with Chris and am starting my job at the Food Bank Farm on October 1st. We've been putting in some sweaty hours at Adam and CJ's sinking chicken wire along the fence to keep the rabbits out. I drove the tractor (Fidel) down the road and back. I think I did pretty well, considering.

I love seeing your Guatemala pictures, but I want to see pictures of YOU in Guatemala!!! I miss you!!

Love,
Debbie

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Si pues, I don´t have any pictures of myself yet! Some people have taken some and if I ever get a copy I will post. Miss you my darling

Unknown said...

hey ladies! i just wanted to let you know that i'm thinking of you both and i hope you are both doing well and excited by the things surrounding you!